1. Make some toe kick drawers to store sheet pans, cake pans, holiday platters. Basically anything wide and flat.
|Under-Cabinet Drawers - The Family Handyman|
2. Install these shelves on the inside of my cabinets to hold spices. I also think these would be great for holding my Tupperware lids, spice packets, and anything else that is small and would get easily lost in the pantry
|Back of Door Spick Rack - DIY Warrior|
3. Install towel bars on the inside the lower cabinet doors where we keep our pots and pans, to hold all of the lids. I may even install these under the sink to hold hand towels and even cleaners like the ones stored here.
|Lid Racks - Martha Stewart|
4. Add mount strips inside a cabinet door to hold our measuring cups. I could also see this same method being used to hang large spoons, spatulas, whisks, and tongs.
|Measuring cup hang-up - The Family Handyman|
5. Our pantry is fairly large but it has those awkward bi-fold doors. So here is what I plan to do with them.
|Behind Closet Doors - Ana White|
Can you imagine all of the things I can store in those doors? Not sure how much weight they can hold so I don't think I would want to fill the shelves with cans. I think I may make the shelves up top smaller and closer together to hold things such as soup packets, small boxed items, and candy. While larger ones on the bottom would hold chip bags, extra paper towels, cereal boxes, and Tupperware. Running With Scissors also used this same idea to organize her craft closet. You can check it out HERE.
6. Add some sort of pot holder. My mom has an amazing one that her boyfriend made using an old chain. I wish I had a picture to show you guys. I also absolutely love this idea of using a screen door. Look at all of the added storage above it.
|Unique Pot Rack - Do It Yourself Magazine|
7. Make my own drawer dividers because there is so much wasted space in my drawers.
|DIY Cutlery Drawer - Full of Great Ideas|
So what do you think? I'm pretty sure that when all of this is done I will have more then enough storage. Now if I just had the energy to get off of the computer and do it.