728x90 Media.net

Baked Frito Pie


My family is big on tacos. Seriously!! Even my picky little eaters gobble them down like candy. It's probably the only food that I know they will eat time and time again. But as much as I love taco night, the best part is mixing the leftovers with Fritos and having some good ol' frito pie for lunch the next day. So obviously I was overjoyed when I found this recipe for some amazing baked frito pie. I made a few changes to the original recipe and I love it.




Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. lean ground  beef
  • 1 large bag of Fritos
  • 1 {16oz.} can refried beans (original recipe calls for pinto beans but I didn't have any and we usually have refried bean with our tacos anyways.)
  • 1 {8oz.} can tomato sauce
  • 1 {15oz.} can diced tomatoes
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • A couple handfuls of shredded cheese. (Sorry, I hate to measure when cooking.)
  • 2 cups sour cream (the original recipe calls for less but I used a larger pan and I LOVE me some sour cream)

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, brown meat. Once it's brown drain the grease.
  2. To the skillet, add refried beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and a handful of shredded cheese. Continue cooking until warm
  3. Place half the bag of Fritos in the bottom of baking pan.
  4. Spread your meat mixture over the Fritos then popped it in the oven at 350* for 20 minutes.
  5. After 20 minutes take it out of the oven, spread thick layer of sour cream over the top then add another layer of Fritos and finally covered the entire thing with cheese.
  6. Pop the dish back in the oven for a few for minutes to let the cheese melt and voila!!
Stay up-to-date on any new printables, tips, tutorial, recipes, family fun, and much more by joining DIY Home Sweet Home's social networks.
{click on an icon below}



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon End post ad

600x250 Media.net Post Footer

Rivit #2 (728x90) May 23, 2016