My favorite part about warm weather are the BBQ's.
Although I'm a huge meat and potato fan when it comes to BBQs, I found a few non-traditional recipes that I will have to try out this summer.
And for DESSERT!!!
* For those of you who have never tried rabbit meat before, here are a few facts.
- Cholesterol level in rabbit meat is much lower than chicken, turkey, beef, pork
- Rabbit is lower in % of fat than chicken, turkey, beef, and pork.
- Rabbit is highest in protein%.
- The office of home economics, state relations of the U S Department of Agriculture has made extensive test and have stated that domestic rabbit meat is the most nutritious meat known to man
- Rabbit meat has been used and is suitable for special diets, such as those for heart disease patients, diets for the aged, low sodium diets, weight reduction diets, ect. (although I am not a professional so please talk to your doctor first)
- Rabbit has 795 calories per pound. Chicken 810, Veal 840, Turkey 1190, Lamb 1420, Beef 1440, Pork 2050.
- A doe rabbit that weighs 10 pounds can produce 320 pounds of meat in a year. This is more than a cow and it takes 2 acres of land to raise a cow.
- It was decreed by law in the Roman Empire that all young maidens be fed rabbit meat because it would make them more beautiful and more willing.
This post is sponsored by Social Spark.
Get paid to blog!!