For those of you who are trying to eat healthier, I highly recomend 100% natural Florida Orange Juice. After drinking a glass of florida orange juice I always feel energized and ready to take on the day. It is also packed full of nutrients so I can enjoy it when ever I want without feeling guilty. Not to mention that it is packed full of vitamin C so I can give my immune system the boost it needs before cold and flue season starts.
Did you know?
- One 8 ounce serving of 100 percent orange juice is a good source of potassium and folate and an excellent source of vitamin C – These are three important nutrients that are under consumed in the United States, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- One serving of 100 percent orange juice is more nutrient dense than many commonly-consumed 100 percent fruit juices – A refreshing glass of 100 percent orange juice has no added sugars or artificial sweeteners, which may be found in many fruit juice cocktails and sports drinks.
- A key recommendation of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans is to increase fruit intake – One 8-ounce glass of 100 percent orange juice provides half of the USDA-recommended daily fruit intake for most adults, based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
During the summer, I mix orange juice with vanilla yogurt then freeze it in popsicle forms. My kids love them (and so do I!) and it is nice knowing that they are enjoying something healthy packed full of nutrition. And since I recently discovered Florida Orange Juice on Pinterest I have been trying out several other recipes with orange juice. And I am definitly looking forward to our next BBQ so I can try out the orange BBQ sauce. You can also Florida Orange Juice on Facebook were you can download a FREE recipe book, keep up to date with Florida Orange Juice and learn a few fun facts. Did you know that Christopher Columbus brought citrus to the New World in 1493?
Here are some health facts about Florida Orange Juice according to Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD:
When looking for a snack, think outside the box before trying to satisfy your cravings from roadside convenience stores or airport kiosks.
- Plan ahead and take a cooler with portable, smart snacks that fit your on-the-go lifestyle like nuts, hummus with veggies, granola bars and 8-ounce cartons of 100 percent orange juice that will help give you the energy and nutrients you need to get through your travel day.
Outdoor grilling and dining is a great way for your family and friends to enjoy the warmer weather.
- Protein is a vital part of your daily diet, as it provides nutrients and may help satisfy hunger longer than most fats or carbohydrates.
- Choose leaner cuts of beef, pork, and poultry to grill and pair your protein with other nutrient-rich foods, such as high-fiber fruit, vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats. Add 100 percent Florida orange.
Have you had your orange juice fix today?