728x90 Media.net

Google Adsense Header Ad #1

13 Halloween Tips and Tricks

Be prepared this Halloween with these useful and fun tips and tricks. 

 Here is a better way to slice a pumpkin,
allowing you to light a candle without singeing off your arm hair.  

Better yet, skip the candle all together and add a string of Christmas lights inside your pumpkin. 

Silica Gel will prevent pumpkins from molding. I would suggest not opening the packet. Just toss the entire thing inside your pumpkin or gourd display.  

Create this amazing fog effect by adding hot water, salt, and dry ice to a tall glass inside your pumpkin. 

For those of you on a budget, make some simple spiderwebs from trash bags. 
 Keep track of the kids this Halloween with these glowing Trick-or-Treat bags. 
This squishy eyeball doorbell is a great way to gross out your guests.  
 Did you know that petroleum jelly glows under black light? Check it out for yourself!  

Use cookie cutters to carve your pumpkins. 

Make your own sculptures using packing tape. 

 Fill a spray bottle with water and add a small amount of bleach. Spray this on your pumpkin daily to fight mold and keep your pumpkin from drying out.

Get the look of spiderwebs inside a balloon using hi-float and a couple rubber spiders. 

Eyes in the bushes. Cut eyes in toilet paper rolls. Insert a glow-stick and place in bushes and trees around your home.

Stay up-to-date on any new printables, tips, tutorial, recipes, family fun, and much more by joining DIY Home Sweet Home's social networks.
{click on an icon below}


  1. Summer went by so quickly and now I am already displaying pumpkins and we are planning a visit to the pumpkin patch. I think offering 13 ideas was very clever and I am marking this to use in October.

  2. haha I love the toilet paper roll eyes... that's a cute idea :)



  3. Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    I hope to see you there!
    The Chicken Chick

    Yours in poultry,
    Kathy Mormino
    The Chicken ChickTM

    Join me on Facebook
    Follow my blog: www.The-Chicken-Chick.com


Don't see your comment? All comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.
I read and appreciate each and every comment from my sincere readers, however, DIYHSH is a place for inspiration not drama. Any comments that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

600x250 Media.net Post Footer

Rivit #2 (728x90) May 23, 2016

Top Posts