This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of American Frozen Foods Institute and the Frozen Food Roundtable for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
This is such a simple meal. It takes very little prep, is ready in minutes, and the serving sizes are easily adjustable so you can make enough for a large crowd or take it down to a single serving. (Perfect for last minute guests!!)
- 2 12oz Bags Broccoli and Cauliflower Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables
- 1 Pound Frozen Pre-Cooked Shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (olive oil or vegetable oil would also work.)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic (diced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (optional)
- Thaw frozen vegetables and shrimp in microwave according to package directions.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes (just long enough to heat the veggies and shrimp and mix all the flavors).
The above recipe is for 4 servings. Far a larger crowd you would use about 2 bags veggies, 1 pound shrimp, and 1-3 cloves of garlic for every 4 people. Then add enough lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper to your liking. The Pinnacle Bird's Eye Steamfresh bags are my first choice when it comes to frozen veggies. The taste is as good as cooking with fresh vegetables and they are a quick and simple way to jazz up any meal. The benefits of frozen foods are amazing, especially when it comes to whipping up an entire meal in a matter of minutes.
If you are looking for a dessert Schwan's Edwards Key Lime Pie in Cookie Crust is absolutely delicious!! I love that it comes in single servings so can get the perfect amount of dessert, whether it's just you or you're planning for a large get-together. The best part is that there is absolutely no prep required (as long as you remember to take it out of the freezer in time to thaw). However, I won't judge you if you let your guests to believe that you slaved away in the kitchen all day. :)
A healthier option for dessert (and one of my favorites) is to pair ConAgra Healthy Choice Greek Frozen Yogurt with fresh fruit. My kids actually prefer this to ice cream!! As a mom, it is a huge plus when you find healthy options that your kids actually enjoy. If you are planning a child birthday party, these would be a great alternative!!
Here is another great frozen food that I love! My husband and I usually don't eat breakfast (yes, I know it's the most important meal of the day... blah, blah,blah). However, we often have friends or family that will stay a night or two. In these cases I feel as though I should at least offer them breakfast. Just because I don't eat breakfast doesn't mean my guests should starve, right? These Kellogg's MorningStar Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for guests to help themselves to their own breakfast!
Here are a few more great advantages of having frozen meal options readily available in your freezer:
- Portion control - Perfect for yourself or serving a large group.
- Ease of preparation - Spend more time enjoying conversations with friends and less time slaving away in the kitchen!
- Ability to try different types of cuisines .
- Frozen foods are ready when you are. They allow today's busy family to spend less time apart and more time enjoying wholesome, tasty meals around the dinner table.