This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
What is your favorite place to shop when you need to buy a few groceries but you don't want to deal hustle and bustle of the busy super markets?
For me, it's the local Dollar General.
I tend to get stressed out in crowded areas and unfortunately the super markets in my town are always crowded. Lucky for me though, there is a Dollar General a few blocks from my house! I can usually find the most of the items on my shopping list there, and they are never crowded. This is especially true around the holidays. Last year I was able to purchase the a lot of my baking ingredients, presents, and gift wrap at dollar general.
Speaking of holidays..., you guys are in for a real treat today because this recipe is amazing. If you decide to try any new recipes this season, make this the one! The sweet potatoes, apple sauce and buttermilk in this recipe do an amazing job at keeping the bread amazingly soft and moist.
Sweet Potato Bread
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 Can Sweet Potatoes (drained)
- 2 Tbs Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat Over to 350* and grease your bread pans
- Combine sweet potatoes, apple sauce, vegetable Oil, buttermilk, and vanilla in medium sized bowl. Mix until well.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and light brown sugar in large bowl. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a spoon, mix until well blended making sure not to over mix.
- Cook until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. My muffins were done in about 18-20 minutes and the mini loaf pans took about 25 minutes. You could also cook in a 9x5 loaf pan for about an hour although I have not tried that size it so I'm not sure.
Cinnamon-Honey & Cranberry Spread
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Stick Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix well.
- Store in fridge.
I was able to find everything I needed for these holiday recipes at Dollar General. I especially love their Clover Valley products. I would love to hear about your favorite holiday recipes.
For more meal ideas check out Dollar General Easy Meals
Also be sure to check out