Cold and flu season is never fun especially if you have kids but there are ways to help prevent your family from getting sick. Here are a few natural cold and flu preventives to put to the test this season.
1. Hand Washing
This is a no-brainer. Make sure everyone in your family is washing their hand often using soap and water. Wash hands before meals (even small snacks), after outside play time, and after being in any public area.
2. Keep Hydrated
Drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day can help keep your mucous membranes moist so they're better able to trap viruses. Try to drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water daily.
Probiotics have immune system-boosting benefits. In our home, we eat yogurt (with live cultures) almost on a daily basis but there are also other ways to consume probiotics. Kefir, pickles, bananas, artichokes, green beans, and honey are just a few examples of probiotic rich food.
4. Elderberry Syrup
Elderberry have been known to naturally boost your immune system. You can find this in most stores or grow your own elderberry plant and try making your own.
5. Raw Garlic
Garlic is packed full of amazing health benefits including building the immune system and fighting infections. If you can't stand the taste of raw garlic you can buy garlic capsules at any health or drug store.
Lack of sleep can weaken your immune system making it harder for your body to fight of infections.
- Optimize the right level of humidity for your home, based on the current weather conditions.
- Control your humidifier settings anytime, from anywhere, using your smartphone or tablet.
- Has a smart sensor that monitors the environment inside and outside your home, and then you.
- Choose between 5 comfort levels.
- Provides humidity to the entire house so the whole family stays comfortable during the winter months.
- 36-hour runtime, so there is no constant refilling of water tanks.
- The filter reminder conveniently tells you when to reorder and allows you to purchase immediately through the app.
- WeMo comes in handy during life’s We Moments - A “WeMoment” is the feeling of relief in being able to adjust your technology to better your life. For example, it’s the time the mom in Connecticut heated her basement from her smartphone and didn’t have to go down into the cold basement to turn on the space heater prior to doing laundry.
With WeMo technology the Holmes® brand delivers on the promise of the connected home with simple, scalable home automation solutions that empower consumers to customize, control and manage home electronics from anywhere. WeMo is the most affordable and approachable entry into the smart home and makes managing your home easy.
Get more information and check out the other Holmes products such as their air purifiers and smart heaters by visiting the Holmes Products page.