728x90 Media.net

Creating Habits - Free Printable + a Smoothie Recipe!!

This post is sponsored by Hiland Dairy, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.


How many of you have new years resolutions? How many of you have stick with your resolutions?

A few weeks ago I found myself planning all of the changes I wanted to make for the new year. I wanted to eat more fruits and veggies, drink more water, start and stick with an exercise routine, create and stick with a cleaning routine, and so many more.

However, when January 1st rolled around I was so overwhelmed that I didn't really know where to start. After some brainstorming, I realized that if I tried making all these changes at once then I would just set myself up for failure. That's when I came up with this printable to keep track of all the habits I want to create this year. This printable allows me to slowly implement new habits or break old habits throughout the year. And I made it available to you so you can track your own habits too and set yourself up for a successful year.

On the far left side of the page there is a column to write the initial of the month you want to begin the habit. There are a few ways to use the printable. You can do one habit monthly like shown in the example below. You can skip lines and continue a single habit for 60 days, 90 days, or more. You can also do multiple habits in a month. Feel free to test it out and find what works best for you. (Scroll to the bottom of the post for the link to the free printable)


The first habit I wanted to create this year was to incorporate more fruit into my diet. I try to eat at least one serving of fruit as soon as I wake up. My favorite way to eat fruit is in a fruit smoothie. One thing I love about smoothies is that I can use a variety of fruits to create a variety of different flavors. When making smoothies I always use frozen fruit and mix with Hiland's 1% milk. Using the frozen fruit mixed with milk or creates a thick creamy texture that I absolutely love.


This banana, peanut butter, and coco smoothie is one of my kids's favorite. There really is no recipe I just toss all the ingredients in, then add more until it taste good. I start with 2 frozen bananas and add a small spoonful of coco and a heaping spoonful of peanut butter. I pour in about a half cup to a cup of Hiland's 1% milk and add more as I mix until it is the consistency I want. (Note: This makes enough for me and my two girls. If you are making this for yourself I would use one small banana)



Here are a few of my other favorites smoothie combinations include:
  1. Orange juice, frozen banana, and Hiland's  1% milk
  2. Frozen mixed berries, frozen bananas, and Hiland's  1% milk
  3. Frozen banana, honey, and Hiland's  1% milk


Hiland dairy has a variety of products (their cottage cheese, and Greek yogurt are my favorite!) that can be purchased at your local grocery store. They have been delivering farm-fresh dairy products to customers throughout the Midwest since 1938 and this year they want to help you start your new year off right. Get Healthy with Hiland and sign up for their email series where each week you'll receive great tips, delicious recipes, and money-saving coupons.


I'm always looking for more smoothie combinations. Please share your favorite in the comments below.



Stay up-to-date on any new printables, tips, tutorial, recipes, family fun, and much more by joining DIY Home Sweet Home's social networks.
{click on an icon below}
Image Map

1 comment:

  1. I will try your idea. Thank you for the post.

    - Gustavo Woltmann

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment? All comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.
I read and appreciate each and every comment from my sincere readers, however, DIYHSH is a place for inspiration not drama. Any comments that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon End post ad