728x90 Media.net

Yummy Bread Recipe

It's been forever since I shared a recipe on here so I thought it was about time to share another one.
Those of you who know me know that I'm not a great cook so obviously this recipe is not my own. 
I stole it from Hubby. (He's the cook in our family)




Mix together:
5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbs salt

Heat:
3 1/8 cups milk
Add to milk:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs yeast






Mix and let set for 5 minutes to dissolve yeast.

Add milk mixture to flour then add 2 eggs and 1/3 cup oil.
Add more flour (3-5 cups) till texture looks good.
Knead.
Let rise 1 1/2 hrs then punch down.
Divide among 3 loaf pans. 
Let dough rise for another 1 1/2 hrs
Bake at 325* for 30 minutes or until done.
Butter top.
Cool slightly then remove from pans.





Hubby got fancy and braided the other 2 loaves.


Enjoy!!!


3 comments:

  1. Loving the plaited loaves they look amazing!

    i must admit I cheat and use my bread maker.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super yummy! I've been wanting to try my hand at some homemade bread. This recipe looks pretty doable. Thanks for sharing!
    I bet it would taste fabulous with my Creamy Potato Soup recipe!
    http://jennsnotsoglamorouslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this recipe yesterday and I have to make it again today because it's all done thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment? All comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.
I read and appreciate each and every comment from my sincere readers, however, DIYHSH is a place for inspiration not drama. Any comments that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amazon End post ad